The project involves rehabilitating the 1958 filters and other auxiliary facilities improvements at several process areas within the Springwells Water Treatment Plant. The auxiliary facility improvements involved multiple disciplinary tasks. METCO, in association with CDM, was engaged to provide Engineering Services required to develop Preliminary Design Report, Detailed Design Documents and Construction Administration Services for the following improvements:
- New Heating, Ventilation and Dehumidification systems to the Filter Building & Filter Gallery.
- New Heating, Chilled Water System, and Hot Water heating distribution system for the Administration Building.
- New Dehumidification System, and new Heating & Ventilation System for the Service Building.
- New Steam & Condensate Piping System for Rapid Mix System.
- New Dehumidification System, and new Ventilation System for Filter Building.
- Replacement of existing compressed air system to feed the existing air distribution system for the Boiler / Turbine House.
- Replacement of existing compressed air system to feed existing air distribution system for 1958 Service Building.
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS:
- Replace Sub-Station and MCC’s.
- Replacement of Lighting System.
- Modifications to existing MCC/Panel Board to accommodate additional equipment load.